Tuesday, October 11, 2016

1000 User VMware Horizon View 7.x Best Practices Doc Available!! (Windows 10 with Office 2016)

Hi Friends,

If you attended VMworld 2016 in Las Vegas this year, stopped by the Tintri booth and heard me give my VDI on Tintri theater presentation, I mentioned I was working on a whole new architecture and the paper would be ready shortly.  I'm happy to announce the paper is ready for download!

I'm really excited about this paper because it's a whole NEW architecture!  Here's what we've got:

VMware Horizon View 7.x running 1000 Microsoft Windows 10 desktops with Microsoft Office 2016, hosted on VMware ESXi 6.x and running on a Cisco UCS with B200 M4 blades and a Tintri VMstore T5040 all flash array.  Here's a cool picture of the stack.







































I wanted to do something a bit different for this paper.  It's not quite a reference architecture, but more a lab guide on what I built, best practices AND Login VSI performance charts!  I hope you like it!

I'd really enjoy hearing your feedback on the paper.  If you think it sucks or think it's great, let me know!

Head over to the Tintri website, click on Resources and select the 1000 User VMware Horizon 7.x Best Practices paper, or you can just click the link here.  :-)

Until Next Time!
-Brain



No comments:

Post a Comment