Friday, May 3, 2019

Got a Ransomware? Check Here Before Paying!

Hi Friends,

I was reading BleepingComputer this morning and came across and article about ransomware and they talked about a free decrypter made by Emsisoft.  There are FREE decrypters out there?!  How cool is that?!  Sorry if I'm a little late to the party, but that is super awesome!  If you're late to the party too, let me help enlighten you.  :-)

Let me first say, I'm not an employee of Emsisoft nor have I used or tested their decrypters.  Use at your own discretion.

So head on over to https://www.emsisoft.com/ and highlight the Support tab.  You should see  Ransomware Decrypter as an option.  Select that and you'll go to the page with all of the decrypters on it.

There are 48 decrypters on the page going back to August of 2013 and they just released a new decrypter yesterday, May 2nd!

Bravo to Emsisoft for trying to help out folks who have unfortunately been infected by ransomware.

I don't wish ransomware on anyone, but if in the unfortunate event you become infected with it, hopefully one of the Emsisoft decrypters can help you without having to pay the ransom.

Neil

No comments:

Post a Comment