Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Smoking Hot! - Nimble's New CS700 & All Flash Shelf

Hi Friends,

Not sure if you've heard yet, but Nimble has released a new line of storage controller, the CS700!  What's that mean?  More storage, more speed, and the size?  Still 3U and takes the same amount of power as the 400, but 2.5X the performance!  I love technology!

Check this out, I ran IOmeter against one of the 700's and I'm getting around 120 thousand IOPS.  Notice I'm getting about 120 before and after my cache was hot, just a bit smoother once the cache is warmed up.  Remember, your mileage will vary. :-)



Need more cache?  Nimble also released an all flash shelf, up to 12.8TB of additional flash if you need it.  Remember, this is not to store your data, only to speed things up!

Oh, and what happens when we cluster 4 700's together?  Half a million IOPS!  Again, your mileage will vary. :-)

-Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment