Wednesday, February 27, 2019

How About Some Threat Awareness Goodness?

Hi All,

Thanks so much for the positive wishes on my return, I really appreciate it!  Here's something I've been working on lately.  It's called Threaty Bytes and I have a bunch of webinar recordings that I've created that discuss interesting email threats that are floating around the Internet.  I talk about what they are, what they do and hopefully how you can avoid them.  They have the "Neil" flavor and they're only a few minutes so you're sure to laugh and hopefully learn something cool too!

The only catch (of course there's a catch!) is they're gated behind a site.  Yeah yeah yeah, I know you hate signing up for things, so I've got a few episodes you can watch without signing up for anything!  First three are free.  :-)

Okay, first with the un-gated ones.

1.  Go to www.youtube.com
2.  Search for proofpoint
3.  Select the Proofpoint channel
4.  Click on Videos
5.  There's three of my videos you can watch:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-5MOPFVKzA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TESEIdzlzc
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cBxX74DFiv0

The first link is about a nasty little beasty called AZORult, the second is how threat actors used Hurricane Michael to try and get money out of people and the third is another nasty one called Marap.

I'm not going to tell you anymore about them, but hold onto your socks cause they're gonna try and fly off!

Now once you've listened to those episodes and say, "Oh my goodness, I need MORE!" I've got you covered.

1.  Go to www.brighttalk.com
2.  Create an account
3.  Search for threat byte
4.  Behold the plethora of videos for you to watch!

I hope you like the videos, if you don't, let me know how I can make them better!

You know what this calls for?

A FLASH JUMP!


No comments:

Post a Comment