Wednesday, June 23, 2021

Veritas in The Cloud (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform)

Hi Friends,

I'm studying and reading like crazy to learn about Veritas NetBackup goodness because it's been awhile since I've used it.  This is NOT the NetBackup that I used so many years ago, it's got so many cool new features!

You'll probably say, "We already know about this Neil!", but I was so jazzed when I saw some of the new features I wanted to share what I've seen so far.

Just like when I was a System Administrator, you can run NetBackup on prem, but say you want to put your backup infrastructure in the cloud.  I was thinking, you've got to deploy some servers, install the software, make sure everything is configured correctly, yada, yada yada.

The cloud brings great new rewards, but it can be challenging and intimidating if you're not familiar with it.

But wait, what's this?  Veritas NetBackup images right in the cloud stores!  How cool is that?!

Remember I'm still learning, so bear with me here.  :-)

Want to deploy in AWS:








How about Azure:










And last but not least Google Cloud Platform:











Isn't that cool?!  Okay, *I* think it's cool.  :-)

More when I'm more educated!

Neil

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Veritas Neil! Glad to see you are as excited about all the cool stuff we're doing and looking forward to hearing more about it from you.

    Doug

    ReplyDelete