Monday, May 12, 2014

VMware View Planner - Connection was refused by the other side: 111: Connection refused.

Hi Friends,

I've been working with VMware View Planner to run some benchmarks against Nimble Storage and I started up a test this morning and the workload just didn't want to start on any of my machines.






So I took a look at my viewplanner.log and saw a very strange error that I've never seen before!

Connection was refused by the other side:  111:  Connection refused.






What the heck does that mean?!  So I stopped the run and restarted.  Sure enough, same error!  This was working on Friday, what changed?

I looked up the error message and there were a bunch of different suggestions; check the firewall, check connectivity between View Planner and Horizon View, check to make sure the View Planner service is running on the Horizon View server.  Nope, all look good what could it be??

Just for grins I decided to take a look at one of my Windows XP images and look what I found!









Yep, that'll bring you to a halt!

So if you happen to be running View Planner and get a Connection was refused by the other side:  111:  Connection refused error.  Check out your desktops, they might be the problem!

-Brain

No comments:

Post a Comment