Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Windows 7 & 8 Anti-Malware Software Crashing

Hi Friends,

To followup from my last blog about the end of life of Microsoft Windows 7, here's some more good news for you!

According to BleepingComputer, Microsoft's Anti-Malware software has been crashing on Windows 7 and 8 machines.



















Microsoft users believe the error comes from a buggy definition update that was released on March 18th.  The good news is Microsoft is aware of the error and is coming up with a fix.

So why am I bugging you about something that will probably be fixed by the time you read this?  Just more ammunition to use with your boss, spouse, parents, IT department to remind them Windows 7 is coming to the end of it's life....

Windows 10 is the current OS with fixes and learnings from Windows 7 and Windows 8.  As much as I hate to let my good friend Windows 7 go, Windows 10 is the latest and greatest and was released on July 29th of 2015.  Yep, it's been out for almost 4 years.  I KNOW, I was surprised too!! (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_10)


Best,
Neil


No comments:

Post a Comment